The Hunger Games Movies Stills (Scenes)

The Hunger Games” is based on Suzanne Collins’s best-selling novel of the same name. Three more films, adapted from the remaining two books in Ms. Collins’s “Hunger Games” trilogy, are planned. More than 24 million copies of the trilogy are in print in the United States alone, according to Scholastic, the books’ publisher.

The Hunger Games is set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television.

The Hunger Games
Liam Hemsworth stars in the film, as Gale Hawthorne, Katniss's childhood friend and possible love interest.

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games Movie Stills








The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games Movie Scenes

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games
Katniss Everdeen sacrfices herself and volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match.



The Hunger Games Movies Stills

Anyone who had encountered The Hunger Games in its printed form would know that even if the gladiatorial match was flaunted as the focal occurrence, the lynchpin of anything and everything is none other than the main protagonist, Katniss Everdeen. And truth be told, if there’s one thing in the movie that took the cake right off the bat, it was Jennifer Lawrence’s portrayal as our very own arrow-toting girl on fire.

The Hunger Games Movies Stills

The Hunger Games Movies Character

The Hunger Games Movies Character


The Hunger Games hits theaters March 23 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland and Stanley Tucci

Some Quotes from the book, Hunger Games

"Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it."
— Suzanne Collins

"I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.

I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.

So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouraging-ly.

I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.

Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me."
— Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1))

"And while I was talking, the idea of actually losing Peeta hit me again and I realized how much I don't want him to die. And it's not about the sponsors. And it's not about what will happen when we get home. And it's not just that I don't want to be alone. It's him. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread."

- Katniss Everdeen; The Hunger Games; Chapter 27, pg. 297

"'Your family needs you, Katniss,' Peeta says. My family. My mother. My sister. And my pretend cousin Gale. But Peeta's intention is clear. That Gale really is my family, or will be one day, if I live. I'll marry him. So Peeta's giving me his life and Gale at the same time. To let me know I shouldn't ever have doubts about it. Everything. That's what Peeta wants me to take from him. . . . 'No one really needs me,' he says, and there's no selfpity in his voice. It's true his family doesn't need him. They will mourn him, as will a handful of friends. But they will get on. Even Haymitch, with the help of a lot of white liquor, will get on. I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me."

- Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Melark; Catching Fire; Chapter 24, pgs. 351-352

"Destroying things is much easier than making them."
— Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1))

"Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor."
— Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1))

No comments:

Post a Comment